Wally is building software for the next generation of social commerce. Social platforms like TikTok, IG, and Youtube are currently leading the e-commerce revolution, with Wally providing influencers and merchants a way to work seamlessly together through this new era. Wally has quickly and quietly become one of the top selling stores on TikTok Shop, building the playbook on how to support influencers advertising products online.
On pace to process tens of millions of dollars in annual GMV, we have a comfortable runway and are close to profitability. Our initial product helps influencers import their Amazon Storefront into TikTok Shop and take advantage of the improved flow that the native TikTok Shop checkout provides.
Wally is headquartered out of New York City. This will be an on-site position in a central location in Manhattan. While we believe and encourage autonomy, in-person collaboration is strategically important for a company at our stage — both for velocity and company culture.
We are looking for a founding engineer to join the team and build out our first-party storefront, additional API integrations, and Shopify app. This founding engineer will also recruit and lead new team members, help set the product direction, and be a critical player in a growing business with a strong, small team. We want to provide you with an opportunity to grow with Wally in this role.
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of experience building and architecting backend APIs
- Experience working with relational databases, especially Postgres
- Familiarity with AWS and Terraform
- Ability to work across the frontend and backend as necessary
- Entrepreneurial mindset (we encourage employees to be future founders and hope this can be a great stepping stone)
- Previous experience building for e-commerce merchants, like experience with Shopify’s ecosystem
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup
- Product minded and opinionated
What we offer
- Base: $160k
- Equity: 1%+
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Paid holidays and unlimited vacation (we generally see people take 3-4wks)
About the team
Wally has raised funding from a series of top-notch early stage funds and angel investors, led by Afore.vc, Engineering Capital (Ashmeet Sidana), and top angels including Justin Kan, Matt Knox (Reddit), Sriram Krishnan, Garrett Lord (Handshake), Hareesh Nagaraj (Audius), Shiva Rajaraman (Ex-VP Commerce, Facebook), Lydia Hylton (Bain Capital Crypto), Dan Porter (Overtime), and Meera Clark (Redpoint Ventures).
Our founder, Mayank Jain, is a former engineer and product manager at Reddit focused on user and subreddit growth, revenue, and safety. As the first employee and founding engineer at Viome, having written the initial technical foundations of the consumer facing product, Mayank defined, managed, and executed the launch of both the digital and physical experiences.
We have a small but mighty team already working on GTM and engineering that have helped scale the company to millions in annual GMV and processing tens of thousands of orders. Join our team!
Want to find out more?
Email us at email@example.com